A message from our Management
A message from our Management
As our Management team prepares to welcome you back, our Director Mr. Teotia has written a personal message to put your mind at ease. Hear how everyone at The Umrao, New Delhi is working away to ensure your comfort and safety. In order to protect you and ensure you feel safe, we’re very aware that new rules and restrictions will apply. We don’t yet know what guidelines individual governments and health authorities will stipulate. In the meantime, I want to reassure you that we’re doing everything we can to safeguard you. I would like to emphasise that our dedicated employees are what make The Umrao, New Delhi such welcome homes to our legendary guests. That’s why it’s my intention that when you’re ready to travel, you’ll see the same familiar faces across hotel welcoming you back.
We look forward to seeing you again.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Preparing for your return
When the time feels right, we can’t wait to welcome you back to our hotel. Our main focus now is to ensure you the safety, security, care – and delight – you expect from The Umrao, New Delhi. This page will update you on life at our hotel, beyond COVID-19, and will be updated as new guidelines dictate.
Here are just ten of the many ways we’re bringing in new procedures to protect you during the current COVID-19 crisis.
Employees are receiving regular training on our new standards regarding COVID-19 health & safety protocols. Every member of staff must strictly comply with these protective measures recommended by global governing agencies. The measures include hand hygiene, wearing masks if mandated and social distancing. Employees will also be asked to stay home and seek medical attention if they, or someone in their household, has any COVID-19 symptoms.
When you arrive at our hotel our employees will act as your guide, sensitively communicating all the new hygiene, health and safety measures so you can move seamlessly around our hotel, knowing that you’re being looked after with the greatest care.
Hand sanitiser, in touchless dispensers whenever possible, will be available in key places including: receptions, lobbies, guest rooms, restaurant entrances, meeting and event spaces, lift landings, spas, pools and fitness areas.
Any medical support required will be provided in line with government regulations. Our hotel has a designated medical partner, such as a nurse or doctor, to provide assistance including testing and health check services. Our employees have clear instructions on reporting any possible cases of COVID-19 to senior managers and external authorities as required.
Each guest will receive an amenity kit located in their room or suite containing masks, hand sanitiser and a COVID-19 awareness card. Additional kits will be available at front desk if requested (subject to availability).
The frequency of cleaning and sanitising at the hotel has been increased to once per hour. This applies to all public spaces with an emphasis on deep cleaning frequent contact surfaces. These areas include, but are not limited to: front desk check-in counters, bell desks, lifts and lift buttons, door handles, public bathrooms, room keys, stair handrails, gym equipment, dining surfaces and seating areas.
Our cleaning products and protocols meet country specific guidelines for approved effective use against viruses and bacteria. When cleaning guest rooms, we pay particular attention to high-touch items. All bed linen and laundry are changed daily and washed at a high temperature. We’ve also increased the frequency of air filter replacement and fresh air exchange will be maximised.
Throughout the hotel, we’ll meet the required guidelines for proper social distancing. Where legally mandated, guests and employees must practice social distancing whenever possible, by standing at least 2m/6ft away from people they are not travelling with.
Restaurants, bars, spas, pool areas, fitness studios and all other outlets will also observe social distancing and comply with local or country mandated occupancy limits. These areas will be deep cleaned and sanitised once per hour and after each use, including tables, seating, menus and payment machines. In-room dining will also continue to operate under new strict measures to ensure your safety.
Hotel entrances are monitored at all times and any guests requiring medical assistance will be immediately assisted. Only where legally required will we allow our security teams to conduct non-invasive temperature checks utilising a thermal camera. Anyone displaying a temperature over 38°C/100°F would then be taken to a private area for a secondary temporal temperature screening by an in-house medical professional.
Flexibility in your travel
We believe in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following the recommended procedures and protocols by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local authorities. The Umrao Hotel & Resort continue to welcome business and leisure travelers with our established operational excellence and commitment to care.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by 30th June, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between 17th March, 2020 and 30th June, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For bookings made by a travel agent or online booking platform, we are advising guests to contact their agent.
- For changes in Group Bookings, we will interact closely with our guests, to manage the changes on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively cooperating with our guests to address the needs of each group, including moving events to a later date.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organiser or the hotel.
- For further information and enquiries, please contact The Umrao Reservations Executive. A full list of mail id & phone numbers can be found at https://theumrao.com/contact-us/
- For Travel Advisory – Click here