In the light of recent events around the world related to coronavirus, we’d like to inform you that the hotel is taking all the necessary measures. Rooms are cleaned with disinfectants post every check-out and before every check-in. There are disinfectants placed in the lobby areas for easy access to everyone and are sprayed in due intervals.
Hotel Management, The Umrao
Our Travel Advisory Policy
The Umrao Hotel & Resorts understands that from time-to-time your booking may be affected by weather or natural disasters that are not planned. In such cases, we make every possible effort to keep you informed and to provide you with the level of service that you require so that you can manage your bookings and plan around these unforeseen circumstances. If a Travel Advisory exists, we will display details about the advisory, how your booking may be affected and the process for how to proceed with as little stress and inconvenience as possible.
Coronavirus advisory information (COVID-19)
Latest Update: Our Spa is closed till April 16th 2021. In Room Dining for staying guest, drive thru & food delivery options are available through our delivery channel.
The safety and wellbeing of our guests is a top priority for The Umrao Hotel & Resort.
We understand that you may be experiencing stress given the rapidly changing information on travel restrictions and canceled or postponed public events. We want you to know that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our hearts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from guests such as yourself.
Inspired by The Umrao Hotel & Resort’s purpose – we care for people so they can be their best – we would like to share a few updates that might help as you consider your next visit.
Confident in our care
‘Aashvast’ is a holistic programme that addresses all facets of hotel operations. From revised protocols for heart-of-the-house activities at the receiving store, back offices, laundry, to the public areas with heightened sanitisation measures for guest luggage, elevators and room service. Providing safe and clean environments for our guests and colleagues is always a top priority for The Umrao Hotel & Resort – even more so today. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness and want you to feel at ease when you visit us, knowing you’ll experience the quality you expect from The Umrao Hotel & Resort. Daily, we working to ensure that they meet the latest guidance from the CDC and WHO on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from hand washing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
The below precautionary and response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 guidance is in place at The Umrao Hotel & Resort, detailing how to protect against transmission of the virus (including implementing hand sanitizer stations and frequent cleaning of high-touch areas), and procedures in case there is a suspected or confirmed case among our guests or colleagues. Distance Between tables in restaurants has been increased for extra precaution.
- Cross-functional, response teams, including infectious diseases and occupational health experts, guide to our hotel and help address specific needs and situations when needed
- All touch points in public areas like door handles, elevator buttons, counter tops, table tops, railings, etc. are cleaned continuously using a sanitizer/disinfectant. These practices are also in place in guest rooms during the morning housekeeping service and also at turndown in the evening.
- Temperature readings of resident and non-resident guests and our team are taken at the entrance to the hotel.
If any of the parameters for our guest or colleagues are not normal, a medical examination and medical assistance is provided immediately.
We will continue monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates, and will respond based on the advice of governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals.
Flexibility in your travel
We believe in responsible and safe travel while staying vigilant and following the recommended procedures and protocols by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local authorities.
The Umrao Hotel & Resort continue to welcome business and leisure travelers with our established operational excellence and commitment to care.
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by 30th June, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between 17th March, 2020 and 30th June, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For bookings made by a travel agent or online booking platform, we are advising guests to contact their agent.
- For changes in Group Bookings, we will interact closely with our guests, to manage the changes on a case by case basis. Our hotel is actively cooperating with our guests to address the needs of each group, including moving events to a later date.
- For individual reservations booked into a pre-existing group block, please refer to cancellation terms quoted at the time of reservation. For more information, please contact the group organiser or the hotel.
- For further information and enquiries, please contact The Umrao Reservations Executive. A full list of mail id & phone numbers can be found at https://theumrao.com/contact-us/
World Health Organisation: https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses
Latest Update: Press release National Security Council